Remember when you first put your house on the market? You probably thought this day would never come, but now it has. You’ve sold your house, and – if you chose to work with We Say Sold – you netted a hefty profit in the process!
That’s great news, and we’re really happy for you. But, it’s important to remember that your work isn’t over yet. The period following the sale of your home is just as important as everything that came before.
So, what should you be doing and/or thinking about? Here are the important ones:
- Organize the Paperwork: There’s a lot of it! Take the time to sort through it and to file it away. You may not need it now, but you certainly will once Uncle Sam comes to wet his beak!
- Taxes, Taxes, Taxes: Speaking of Uncle Sam, make sure that you understand your tax liability as it pertains to the sale of your property.Also make sure that you’ve retained any receipts for pre-sale home improvements.
- The Next Home: If you haven’t already lined up your next home, then now’s the time to start looking. Keep your budget in mind, and make sure that you’re making a financially savvy decision.
- Financial Introspection: On that note, take the time to look at your financial picture. How do your checking and savings accounts look? What about your debt situation? The proceeds from your sale can be used to right some previous financial wrongs.
- Take Your Time: If your next move isn’t already lined up, then take your time. If you rush the next move, you could cost yourself a lot of money and put yourself in a bad position.
- Celebrate: Hey! You sold your house, which is no easy task these days. You should have a night out or a fancy dinner. You’ve earned it.
If you’re reading this and wondering why your house hasn’t sold yet, it’s probably because you’re not working with the right realtor. Why not give We Say Sold a chance? We go to bat for our clients, getting their houses sold! What’s more is that we charge a simple flat-fee for our services, which means you’ll get to keep more of your profits after the sale has been completed. In our eyes, that’s a win-win for you!