Millennials and Generation X’ers have a bad rap in some circles. But, there’s one thing no one doubts about them. More than ever, they are looking into the housing market, and many of them are making purchases. Because of this, you might want to think about young people and their preferences when putting your home on the market. Quite often, you may find that someone from the younger generation will be the person making the purchase!
So, what do the young folks look for these days? Here are some things:
- Big Kitchen: Is it all the cooking shows on television that are to blame? Who can say? But, young folks want big kitchens!
- Open Concept: They may be hard working enough to afford homes, but they still like to party. That’s why so many young people look for homes with open concepts.
- Space for a Home Office: The job market has changed dramatically over the past decade, and more and more young people are working from home. Do you have a room in your home that could make a good home office?
- Maintenance Free: This young generation didn’t get a lot in the way of a practical education. We’re not even sure how many of them know how to mow a lawn. Therefore, the less maintenance your home requires, the better!
- Lean and Green: While you may not be aboard the green-living bandwagon, many young people are. Energy-efficient appliances are huge selling points. Consider upgrading before putting your house on the market, and remember that the return on your investment can be significant!
- Photographs: People in the younger generation have been conditioned to make many of their purchasing decisions online. So make sure that the photographs you put on the Internet reflect your home in the best possible light (literally and figuratively)!
Keeping an eye on the younger set can really help you when selling your home, so don’t neglect to do that. And, if you need help appealing to that demographic, then use We Say Sold! Our realtors know how to appeal to younger folks by using social media, and we charge a flat rate for our service. This helps close the deal, and it keeps more of the sale price in your pocket!